For Microsoft Teams, several telephonesets are available. For these devices, a new firmware and or Teams application version will be released regularly. Microsoft has now introduced a GUI feature for Teams to keep these devices up to date through the Teams Admin Center. This gives organizations the opportunity to manage the devices through the Teams Admin center.
Within the Teams device we can request the current Teams Application and firmware version from the well-known menu.
1. To use this feature, you must go to the Teams Admin center:
2. Now open the Devices menu and click Phones
3. Now choose the correct phone phone within the organization and click the device name.
4. In the device overview you can see that the phone needs an update for both the firmware and also the teams app.
5. Now choose Update All.
6. Choose both updates here if you want to do so and choose Update at the bottom of the screen. You can also plan this by using the Schedule command.
7. If you are navigating to the History tab on the Device page, you’ll see that the updates are now queued.
8. The following status will be Initiated.
9. Over time, the update will be completed.
10. Firmware updating
11. Over time, the device will also update in terms of firmware and later the update will be completed.
12. The device will now also show the new versions.